feeling grateful.

This happens when I was travelling to other countries with my family for a short break from school, work, and other things. I traveled to Singapore that time thinking I could communicate by myself knowing that the people there mainly uses English or Melayu language. With that mind-set, I gained self-confidence and walked to wherever I want with ease even if I'm not with my family, foolish I know, but I was a little child that time that has nothing to fear.

So one time,when my mother and my older sister were shopping, I got kind of bored and lost interest and tried to search for my father and my older brother. However, I couldn't find them so I just ended up wandering on the streets alone, basically the definition of lost child. Stupidly, I was still calm, thinking that somehow I would stumble upon my family or just ended up going back to the shop. But, I can't go back to the shop because I can't remember my way back and I can't call my family because I didn't have a phone. Little by little, the urgency of the situation finally dawns upon me and I panicked. My eyes started to water and my heart beats really fast, I can't think. When I was panicking on the middle of the sidewalk, someone approaches me and I started to panic even more. I just kind of froze and can't move, I didn't even think to ask for help because my mind basically stopped working.

Fortunately, the person was no bad person and just want to ask if anything's wrong. Because the person spoke in Melayu and I'm kind of glad to find someone that speaks the same language. I ended up crying to the person and messily explained the situation. The person thankfully understands although I don't know how because I can't understand the way I talk myself. The person ended up guiding me back to the shop based on what I can remember. When I came back to the shop, my family was still panicking (seeing from their faces) and when they saw me, they just run towards my direction and hug me. I started crying again. They finally released me and started to thank the person who guided me here. My mother started to blabbers on how grateful she is and how she can repay the person back. The person just kindly accepted my mother's gratefulness and refuse the offer she make. I approach the person and said my thanks to the person. Although my face was swollen from all the crying, I really feel grateful on the inside.

Thinking back, I was really lucky at that time. Not many people are that kind, some people are manipulative and could ended up kidnapping me seeing on how I trusted the person so easily. When I returned to my family, my family scolded me and taught me a lot of lesson on how to not go anywhere alone because I was still a little child and something extremely dangerous could happen to me. I was really grateful and really thankful to that person. If I could meet that person again, I would like to repay the kindness towards me. I am content and happy knowing that there is still a lot of kindness and a lot of good people in this world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

tornado.

defining roles.

spiny bush viper.